Video at workshop?

Anthony Liguori aliguori at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 7 19:02:52 UTC 2011

On 10/07/2011 01:31 PM, Karsten Wade wrote:
> I'm a full-time telecommuter and I really, really appreciate when
> events are webcast (with archives.) Sometimes it's the only chance I
> have to see and hear the voices behind important events.
>
> So I have a vision that we _could_ webcast the first day of the
> workshop.[1] There are a lot of ways to accomplish this, the least of
> which is me setting up a camera, recording, and posting on the web
> afterwards.
>
> Are there any thoughts from you all about this?

I'm not going to be able to attend the workshop so I'm very eager about having a
way to participate remotely.

I actually think video is not all that important as long as slide decks are made
available before hand.  Audio is really what's important.  There's a lot of ways
to stream audio (particularly, in real time).

For breakout sessions, projecting an IRC channel has worked well at past
conferences, in particular, when combined with streaming audio.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori