oVirt Sync Call Meeting Minutes :: 2011-10-19

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 15:01:26 UTC 2011

oVirt Sync Call Meeting Minutes

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 14:00 - 15:00 UTC (10:00am US Eastern,
07:00am US Pacific)

== Invitees/Attendees ==
project-planning at ovirt.org list subscribers

Jon Benedict - NetApp
Adam Litke - IBM
Ryan Harper - IBM
Greg McIntyre - IBM
Karsten Wade - Red Hat
Dann Frazer - Canonical
Jun Nakajima - Intel
Kerri Catalozzi - Red Hat
Chris Wright - Red Hat
Andy Cathrow - Red Hat

If you do not currently have this call on your calendar and would like
it to be, please mail rbergero at redhat.com.

== Project Schedule ==
  * Ongoing oVirt workshop promotion
  * oVirt Workshop - November 1, 2, 3
    * USA - CA - hosted by Cisco
      * Press release post workshop
      * Community startup at workshop
      * Schedule first community release
  * Community Infrastructure
    * Launch at workshop
    * First release - January/February.

== Action Items ==
  * Carl to start voting over weekend so people can have projects in
prior to workshop.

== Call Agenda ==

1) Board news
  * Project news / voting status updates
  * Carl planning to start vote to get projects included over weekend,
so people can have projects in prior to workshop. Friday - Tuesday.
  * Carl to start working on a checklist for how to get a project into oVirt
  * Karsten to start working on wiki re: figuring names of rooms, time
slots, etc.
  * Karsten to take discussion re: additional social events to
project-planning list.
  * Kerri to send out preview of press release to folks on phone call.
  * Dann to synchronize with Kerri re: Canonical PR contact.

2) Project launch status / Progress review
  * Statistics review
  * Addition of project maturity page / how to add a subproject page status
    * Has incubator docs up
    * Wants to work on a checklist

3) oVirt Workshop / Summit  - Nov. 1 - 3, Cisco Main Campus, San Jose, CA.
  * http://www.ovirt.org/news-and-events/workshop/
    * Logistics planning:
      * Hotel, evening activities status (Karsten)
        * Karsten went out to visit the facility, looks like a good
space, large room, breakout sessions. etc.
        * Karsten wants to start working on the wiki re: figuring out
names of rooms, time slots, etc.
        * Itamar has sent out a survey - basically trying to determine
resource dependencies for parallel tracks.
      * Social event for first night
        * Crowne Plaza - Reception there. 2 drinks p/p, cash bar,
italian food, 6-9pm Tuesday. In open dining room.
      * We do have folks willing to fund other nighttime events.
        * Karsten will take the discussion about yes/no to project-planning.
    * Press release status (Kerri)
      * Press release draft in place.
      * Written as a joint release amongst all of the board companies.
      * Looking to start getting approvals today. Will be moving ahead
with that today.
      * Specific PR Contacts at the majority of the board companies, or
anyone specific you'd prefer Kerri to work with?
      * Doesn't have the contact for Canonical yet. Dann will get her a
contact, possibly through Robyn.
      * IBM (Ryan), a few others would like to see it before getting
sent out - Kerri to copy everyone on this call directly, along with the
PR folks.
      * Kerri will join next week to give an update on ok's.

4) Infrastructure (Karsten)
  * Ask Carl or Karsten if you are wanting to be admins on the website, etc.
  * We have the pool of machines that we've reserved in EC2 for gerrit
and hudson, so we can do organized integration on checkins, code
reviews, etc.
  * Expects that when Itamar comes back on Sunday, those things will be
coming online.
  * Itamar is wanting to get source up and running around the 25th.
  * Doesn't know if we can get DNS updated right away (by the 25th).

5) IRC Meetings vs. Phone meetings
  * Need to come to a conclusion
  * Proposals:
    * Move to IRC Meetings
        * ...or not
        * ... or some combination thereof.
  * When? Starting next week?
  * Infrastructure needed:
    * Meetbot in #ovirt channel
    * Should start collecting meeting minutes on wiki
  * Carl proposed that we have the meeting next week prior to the event
on the phone, as it's the last pre-workshop call. Then move to IRC meetings.

6) Other updates / Agenda topics
  * Add your agenda item here!
  * Tony Gargya will be doing promotion of workshop in Prague next week.
    * Will we be doing a similar workshop in Europe in the future?
    * Maybe something similar - could also be meetups, etc.
    * Suggestion: Postmortem on format, etc. of workshop.