Insanely early @Cisco on Tuesday morning?

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Oct 28 22:47:51 UTC 2011

To get to the meeting room we go through a lobby door that opens at 8
am to the public, then a keypass door. Once past 8 am, we can manage
the keypass door through Extreme Cleverness.

Before 8 am on Tuesday I would love the opportunity to get in to the
event space.

Is any Cisco person i) able to do that, and ii) willing to meet me at
some insanely early hour for setting up?

If so, what hour is insane enough for you? If not insane, what sane
hour would you pick instead?

Anyone else who is around is welcome to join at whatever time you can
get there. I'll be arriving from Santa Cruz with a minivan, I can stop
at the hotel for a pick up of 6 persons at
$designated_hour_minus_fifteen_minutes.

Note that my stalwart co-coordinator, Robyn Bergeron, is landing at
SJC at 8 am, so we are 50%+ less powerful to start. Anyone interested
in helping, I have ideas:

* Setup of audio stream with room overhead mic system.
* Creative arrangement of desks/chairs in big room?
* Setting up one projector to show IRC.
* Registration table setup.
* Creating/posting signs.
* Greeting new helpers and showing them around.
* Running for coffee to the Starbucks just down the street.
* ...

Thanks in advance for your help in making all our workshop
happen. It's really coming together quite nicely.

(More general details and wiki pages and such coming out to the
workshop attendee mailing list over the next few days.)

Thanks - Karsten
team:   Red Hat Community Architecture & Leadership
uri:             http://communityleadershipteam.org
                        http://TheOpenSourceWay.org