Etherpad

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Oct 31 04:28:12 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 01:39:23PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> On 10/29/2011 11:46 AM, Karsten Wade wrote:
> > Someone from Canonical (Dann?) offered to use the Etherpad instance
> > on ubuntu.com. Please! Tell me what to do. I want to setup a few
> > dozen in advance, with intro language, etc.
>
> etherpad.ubuntu.com, just need to make an account :)
I'm running in to a problem with circular login and OpenID.

After logging with OpenID I get this:

  Authorization is required to access http://etherpad.ubuntu.com/

  Please join the ubuntu-etherpad group on Launchpad to access this
  site. To do this, visit https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-etherpad/

  You are currently logged in as
  https://login.ubuntu.com/+id/JzTsEhY. (logout)

I then tried (with a different browser to skip cookie hassle) to
create a new ubuntu.com account, which was used as an OpenID account,
and then had the same problem as above/

Looking at the ubuntu-etherpad group, it seems to have been created
about 2 days ago and have seven members and one pending approval.

So perhaps access was restricted more recently?

I'll join that group and ask around what is going on.

- Karsten
team:   Red Hat Community Architecture & Leadership
uri:             http://communityleadershipteam.org
                        http://TheOpenSourceWay.org