Adding a project to oVirt

Anthony Liguori aliguori at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 12 19:45:05 UTC 2011

On 09/12/2011 02:30 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:

> (URL REDACTED - INFO: http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html)
>
> Anthony, I believe I have your comments worked into this doc, please
> take a look.
>
> Itamar, please review the two project rules.

For this paragraph:

"In order to release a cohesive stack, everything needs to work
together. The core of this is the engine. If a new project is started it
needs to integrate with a published API, or an additional API needs to
be created into the engine project to support the new project. Finally
additional API’s can come into scope to provide facilities/capabilities
that the engine consumes. The board signs off on which project provide
API’s to make sure there is coordination between the projects. The board
is not responsible for the technical aspects of the API’s, just the
facilitation when named API projects are added or removed."

It feels a bit out of place.  Perhaps it's because I don't have a good
grip on what the "engine project" is since it still doesn't exist as an
open source project.

Maybe we can just drop this paragraph or remove the bits about the
engine?  The rest looks great.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori