Ovirt Community - Becoming a maintainer

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Sun Sep 11 09:16:14 UTC 2011

On Sunday 11 September 2011 12:11:27 Itamar Heim wrote:
> Cc'ing some existing leads for comments

0. Title is missing. I'm guessing it's the same as document name?

1. There's a combined usage of 'project' and 'sub-project'. I suggest using 'project' to simplify it.
If you take Apache for example, they host projects, and even real sub-projects (http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_proposal.html)
they end up being listed as projects (http://projects.apache.org/indexes/alpha.html#D).

2. The following needs some re-phrasing:

IT is expected however that if you have contributed doc, and are not an expect on code that you
don’t ack patches for example. You can also be voted into one sub-project and not another based
on your area of influence, or you could get into them all.

* IT => It
* doc => a document?
* and are not an expect =>  and are not an expert?
- Generally this paragraph begins with one thing, and ends with something completely different.
I'd think of adding each sentence to a relevant paragraph carrying the same theme / subject.

3. There are terms that need clarification, or typos. For example: wsdm. Is it VDSM? Something else?

4. And probably the most important. This document is _also_ about being a maintainer. But it's
_also_ about being a (sub-)project contributer (and maybe some more also's);

- Contributing to a sub-project
- Adding to the discussions and contributing code
and there's more contents about giving to the community. This is all relevant
to project / community membership.

=> This document should be spitted into community membership document and
(sub-)project maintenance. Currently it's a mix of both.

--

/d

"Willyoupleasehelpmefixmykeyboard?Thespacebarisbroken!"