Adding a project to oVirt

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Tue Sep 13 14:11:47 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 13 September 2011 11:24:16 Itamar Heim wrote:

> [...]
The API restriction may be too much.
Assuming engine is RHEV-M, important projects similar to KSM[1]
will not be a part of oVirt, and we may end up loosing important innovations.

I'm not sure RHEV-M (engine) is fully equivalent to eclipse, and therefore
the API rule may harm us.

As I see it, either we define oVirt umbrella as an union model (rings around
rhev-m), and acknowledge the fact we'll be loosing projects, or use an eco-environment
for visualization, by restricting the API rule to engin-related project, and
accepting other project which will commit to the other eco-system rule(s).

[1]  http://www.linux-kvm.com/content/using-ksm-kernel-samepage-merging-kvm
--

/d

"Do not look into laser with remaining eye." --On a laser pointer user-manual