oVirt comminuty voting

Anthony Liguori aliguori at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 13 15:06:52 UTC 2011

On 09/13/2011 08:54 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> A project lead implies that somehow his/her vote is more important
> than anyone else's, which is not how the ASF works.
>
> The idea is to build a community that strives for consensus so that
> the need for tie-breaking votes isn't required…

That's one model, but it's not the only model.  As it happens, there's a
good LWN article right now on this topic.

http://lwn.net/Articles/458094/

The simple fact is, a large part of the ecosystem we're trying to build
is already existing and has a diverse development model.  If we don't
accommodate development model diversity, then we're going to exclude
large parts of the ecosystem which is going to result in fragmentation.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori