oVirt Sync Call Meeting Minutes :: 2011-09-14

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Thu Sep 15 13:44:54 UTC 2011

oVirt Sync Call Meeting Minutes

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 14:00 UTC (10:00am US Eastern, 07:00am
US Pacific)

== Invitees/Attendees ==
project-planning at ovirt.org list subscribers

Carl Trieloff (Red Hat)
Robyn Bergeron (Red Hat)
Kyle Mestery (Cisco)
Adam Mendoza (NetApp)
Karsten Wade (Red Hat)
Itamar Heim (Red Hat)
Jon Benedict (NetApp)
Frank Novak (IBM)
Ralf Flaxa (SuSE)
Mike Day (IBM)
Andy Cathrow (Red Hat)
Perry Myers (Red Hat)

Apologies if your name was omitted.

== Action Items ==
  * Mike Day - Follow up with (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html), advise that they have less than
3 days to commit
  * Carl Trieloff - Update google doc to reflect correct workshop date
in all areas
  * Andy Cathrow - Follow up with (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html) (has meeting scheduled), (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html)
((COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html))
  * Karsten Wade - set up rsvp list at rsvp at ovirt.org for attendees to
indicate attendance
  * Robyn Bergeron / Karsten to subscribe everyone on-list to board list
- board list will be public, planning list will still be private.
  * Robyn/Carl/Karsten to send out a final version of all docs,
locations, etc.
  * Carl following up on workspace availability.
  * ALL: Please review slides, invite, webpage.
  * ALL: We need a relevant logo or picture on the website for launch -
taking suggestions. Details/size of image are posted.
  * ALL: Looking around for people proficient in CSS markup - if you
can, or know of a potential volunteer, please follow up for website items.

== Project Schedule ==
  * Mass invite deck - September 19th
    * Deck and email that can be used to invite to the workshop
    * Do we want a list for this ( or use rsvp to planning)
  * Website Launch - September 16 or 19th
    * This is just enough content to explain the project, and advertise
the workshop
  * Promote workshop at every event we can between Sept 20th and Nov 8th
  * Send out invites / invite list
  * oVirt Workshop - November 1-3
    * USA - CA - hosted By IBM / Cisco / Intel
      * Press release post workshop
      * Community startup at workshop
      * Schedule first community release
  * Community Infrastructure
    * Launch at workshop
    * First release - January/February.

== Working Shared Document ==
(URL REDACTED - INFO: http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html)

== Agenda ==

General Updates:
  * Website work has been ongoing.
  * To-do: Need to update google doc workshop date to reflect Nov 1-3.
  * Any website mistakes as people flip through - please send to the
project-planning list.
    * You may also get a writer/editor/admin account and edit the site
directly.
  * We need a relevant logo or picture on the website for launch -
taking suggestions. Details/size of image are posted.
  * Fishing around for people proficient in CSS markup - if you can, or
know of a potential volunteer, please follow up for website items.

1) Board invites, status
  *  New confirmations / Follow-up on confirmations in progress:
    * (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html) (Mike, Ryan)
      * Need to update that they have 3 days. Mike to follow up.
    * (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html), (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html) to also know that we're on a timeline.
    * (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html) (Jan W.)
    * (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html) - Andy has a 10pm call tonight with them.
    * (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html) - wants to join
    * (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html) -
    * (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  HTTP://LISTS.OVIRT.ORG/MAILMAN/PROJECT-PLANNING/2011-SEPTEMBER/000283.HTML) - Carl hasn't been able to finalize the meeting, will just
keep moving.
  * Confirmed but additional follow-up
    * Intel (additional contacts) (Mike Day)
      * Have been participating in call

2) Project launch status / Progress review
  * Updated schedule - posted in this agenda.
  * Generic slide deck (review)
    * Will get updated with location/final logistics once we have them.
  * Draft workshop invite (review)
    * Invite date: Sept. 19th
  * Website
    * Website is live - will start moving stuff into website and depart
from the google docs space.
    * Companies strategically supporting oVirt - thinking of putting
groups' logos in
    * Companies supporting initiative, but not stepped up from a Board
perspective - start collecting their logos on the lower half of the page?
    * Do we want to start this page at the workshop, or now, and fill it
out more towards the workshop?
    * Bottom half could be difficult - hard to vet who the interest is
without them being firmly committed. Might choose to omit second half.
  * Governance docs
  * Infrastructure / mailing lists will be getting created through the
end of the week
  * Do a go/no-go on Monday, and hopefully send out the invite for the
workshop.
  * For sending out invites - start sending out invites, tweeting,
social media, etc. Also anyone speaking publicly can use the deck/invite
letter. Just send out to our own personal/respective open source
communities.
  * Set up an rsvp list at RSVP at ovirt.org - anyone wanting to come can
drop a mail there for keeping track of running headcount, announcements.
  * Robyn/Carl/Karsten to send out a final version of all docs,
locations, etc.
  * Twitter hashtag info: #ovirt
  * Carl will talk to OVA folks, etc. on Monday, once we go live.
  * When we've spoken to someone - fire a mail off to planning list.
  * Can we use OVA for buzz? Doesn't hit tech community as much, but
could create buzz.
  * Could do a press release with OVA on day of invite - and then have
oVirt have their own press release post-workshop.
    * OVA has a weekly meeting - could be contacted.
    * We should send at least the core information to the OVA membership
- details for the workshop, etc.
    * Should take a matter of a few days to do PR with OVA.
  * Robyn / Karsten to subscribe everyone on-list to board list - board
list will be public, planning list will still be private.

3) oVirt Workshop / Summit
  *  Settle date/location
    * Looks to be possibly California, Bay Area, week of Nov. 1-3.
  * Current Workshop Attendee / Invitee list
    * (URL REDACTED - INFO: http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html)
  * Status on facilities availability:
    * IBM (Mike Day) - not working for those dates
    * Cisco (Kyle) - will ping higher-ups again today.
    * Intel (Carl, Dave Stewart)

4) Positioning/Differentiation Points (Karsten)
  *  Has been added to slide deck, both basic and expanded

5) Governance Docs
  * All governance info has been moved onto the website.
  * Legal stuff getting posted (licenses, etc.) to website.

6) Infrastructure (Open Agenda item)
  * Project naming status
  * BZ, mailing lists.

7) Other updates / Agenda topics