oVirt Sync Call Meeting Minutes :: 2011-09-21

Alexander Graf agraf at suse.de
Thu Sep 22 21:31:12 UTC 2011

Am 22.09.2011 um 22:05 schrieb Robyn Bergeron <rbergero at redhat.com>:

> oVirt Sync Call Meeting Minutes
>
> Wednesday, September 21, 2011 - 14:00 UTC (10:00am US Eastern, 07:00am  US Pacific)
>
> == Invitees/Attendees ==
> project-planning at ovirt.org list subscribers
>
> If you do not currently have this call on your calendar and would like  it to be, please send rbergero at redhat.com an email.
>
> * Robyn Bergeron (Red Hat)
> * Kyle Mestery (Cisco)
> * Carl Trieloff (Red Hat)
> * Frank Novak (IBM)
> * Karsten Wade (Red Hat)
> * Alexander Graf (SuSe)

It's SUSE. If xou really want to be nostalgic and use the pre-Novell spelling, make it SuSE (Software und System Entwicklung).

But SuSe stresses two characters that in combination most Germans don't want to be associated with :).

> * Anthony Ligouri (Red Hat)
> * Livnat Peer (Red Hat)
> * Itamar Heim (Red Hat)
> * Andrew Cathrow (Red Hat)
> * Perry Myers (Red Hat)
> * Jon Benedict (NetApp)
>
> == Project Schedule ==
> * Ongoing oVirt workshop promotion
> * oVirt Workshop - November 1, 2, 3
>   * USA - CA - hosted by Cisco
>     * Press release post workshop
>     * Community startup at workshop
>     * Schedule first community release
> * Community Infrastructure
>   * Launch at workshop
>   * First release - January/February.
>
> == Action Items ==
> * Livnat to work with Carl re: Google analytics
> * Carl to start Google Doc re: starting to work the agenda
> * Karsten to get wiki live
>
> == Agenda ==
>
> 0) Quick Updates:
> * Update from going live:
>   * 2800 views yesterday
>   * 1050~ views today thus far
>   * Most traffic is being referred from twitter
> * Google Analytics would be a good idea, by names/geos - very easy for someone who knows how. Livnat to work with Carl to get it going.
>
> 1) Board invites, status
> *  New confirmations / Follow-up on confirmations in progress:
>   * (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html) (Mike, Ryan)
>   * (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html) (Mike Day)
>   * (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html) (Jan W.)
>   * (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html) - (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html) - updating
>   * Waiting on (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  HTTP://LISTS.OVIRT.ORG/MAILMAN/PROJECT-PLANNING/2011-SEPTEMBER/000283.HTML)
>   * (COMPANY NAME REDACTED - INFO:  http://lists.ovirt.org/mailman/project-planning/2011-September/000283.html) - Waiting to hear back
>
> 2) Project launch status / Progress review
> * Website is live
> * Project announcement, invites have been sent
>   * rsvp at ovirt.org
>   * Do we need to have folks on the Google docs attendee list re-sign up?
>   * OVA press release
> * Workshop is next major milestone
>
> 3) oVirt Workshop / Summit
> * Nov. 1, 2, 3, Cisco Main Campus, San Jose.
> * Details:
>   * Attendee count, registration
>   * Evening events/activities
>   * Food
> * Need to get agenda firmed up by next Friday or possibly even Wednesday.
> * First morning
>   * Introductions, running through full source via demonstration,

I usually like to sit down with source code in a dark corner and stare at it for a long time to evaluate what I think of it and then base my sympathy towards that code on it.

Thus I believe it'd make sense to provide it in advance to the workshop, so I don't have to search for a dark corner at Cisco and hide from you guys for a few days until I made up my mind and formed an opinion :).

Also, if either the source, structure or dev environment are too hard to grasp for me to figure it out on myself, this will not be a successful open source project. So I'm not sure how much the introduction rounds really buy us.

Alex