[Users] ovirt-node on Gentoo

Dimitrije Zivkovic dimitrije.ziv at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 22:47:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

   after few hours of playing around with ovirt-node and following
http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Ovirt_Quickstart guide, I've managed to get all
the way to installing vdsm on gentoo server. At this point, it is not even
the issue of creating the ebuild file for vdsm, the blocker for me was the
following:

- after compiling vdsm and installing it, order of files and install
locations are clearly following redhat system
- when starting vdsm by startup script (which is in /etc/rc.d/init.d,
which, in turn, does not exists in Gentoo), from errors thrown at me I see
that it is redhat startup script

So, I will look through the code, when time allows, but if someone could
help out by some info or advice, it would be appreciated... So far, I would
start by porting /etc/init.d/functions from fedora and then continue to
solve the problem with conf files being on different locations. Any
thoughts on this? Is this the wa to go, in the first place?

Dimitrije