[Users] rhev-guest for el5 and el5 derived

Nathanaël Blanchet blanchet at abes.fr
Mon Apr 23 19:41:14 UTC 2012

Hello,

I need to make rhev-agent work mainly on centos 5. For centos 6 it's
easy, because we can directly find SRPMS on redhat ftp.
So I tried many ways to build it on my own:

 1.   git clone git://gerrit.ovirt.org/ovirt-guest-agent and
    ./autogen.sh. It claims  "Autoconf version 2.63 or higher is
    required" but rhel 5 autoconf version is 2.59"
 2. rpm -bb ovirt-guest-agent.spec.The issue is that I'm running i386
    instead of an expected i686. If I change this required value in the
    SPEC file by doing "ExclusiveArch: i686 x86_64 i386
    ", it complains then : "Group field must be present in the package:
    ovirt-guest-agent-pam-module".

I'm stuck in any ways,  It's a pity that rhel5x is the most used rhel
system...

--
Nathanaël Blanchet

Supervision réseau