[Users] Auto-start vms on boot?

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Dec 7 18:39:26 UTC 2012

On 12/07/2012 06:23 PM, Adrian Gibanel wrote:
> My use case is that I just don't want to start manually the virtual machines when the host starts and, also, if the host is shutdown it should guest-shutdown the virtual machines.
>
> Any doc on that pin option? How one is supposed to pin a virtual machine to a host?

just to be clear, we still don't have the behavior i described. I just
stated the only use case i'm familiar for a similar requirement.
(pinning a VM to host is done via the edit vm dialog).

question on your use case - how would the engine know if the admin just
shutdown a VM manually from a VM which should be auto started (should we
add such a checkbox).
in the use case i described, we would be adding a 'start/stop VM with
host' for a VM pinned to a host.