[Users] ovirt VM custom properties

Brown, Chris (GE Healthcare) Christopher.Brown at med.ge.com
Wed Feb 1 21:16:35 UTC 2012

In an effort to work around the mouse issues with spice consoles and
certain guests I had an idea for the time being.

My thought process is to leverage custom properties to enable usb-tablet
support on said guests.

-->
(http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization/3.0
/html/Administration_Guide/VDSM_Hooks.html)

I perused the available documentation and it appears that these custom
properties are ultimately fed into the generated libvirt domain xml.

Thus sifting through -->
http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsInput we can pass in:

<devices>

    <input type='tablet' bus='usb'/ id='input0'>

</devices>

The issue I am hung up on is that since this contains multi-level
elements can this even be specified as a custom property?

If so can one of the ovirt developers provide an example on how to go
about it?

- Chris