[Users] Remove and Add host does not work

Deepak C Shetty deepakcs at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Feb 28 12:48:29 UTC 2012

Hi,
     I had a host managed via OE, completely working fine. Was even able
to create and run VMs off it.
I tried removing the host from the OE (put host into maint. mode and
then remove) and when i re-discover
the same host, OE just keeps seeing it as Non-responsive.

I am able to ssh into the host and see that none of the vdsm processes
have been started.
I tried doing "Confirm host has been rebooted" on the OE, did not help.
I tried putting
host into maint. mode and re-activating the host, just doesn't help

I waited for ~45 mins thinking OE might connect to the host, start vdsm
and get me the Up status
but it failed.

Do i need to manually start vdsm in such a scenario on the host ?
Are there ways or methods to have OE forcibly start vdsm on the host ?

thanx,
deepak