[Users] convert single vmdk file to ovirt

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Jun 1 15:26:25 UTC 2012

On 05/23/2012 10:50 AM, patrick wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to convert a single vmdk file to run on ovirt. What's the
> easiest and fastest way to do this? Do I need to convert it with
> vmware2libvirt fist and then into ovirt? I would be happy if someone
> could give me a hint.

matt - Is v2v relevant in this case?
patrick - details on the OS on that vmdk would help (i.e., any
conversion needed on it, or expecting no issues on booting it over kvm)?

if no conversion is needed, easiest would be to use qemu-img to convert
it to raw or qcow, then copy it over a disk of same size of a newly
created vm

thanks,
    Itamar