[Users] Has anyone got a working script that could allow me to get a URL to connect to using virt-viewer under windows or for setting up vnc.

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Wed Jun 6 21:04:54 UTC 2012

On 06/06/2012 09:50 PM, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
> I like spice under Fedora but most of my users use windows.  A few use
> Kubuntu none user Fedora at this time.  I like ovirt and have been
> testing it for some time.  3.1 looks really good and all my tests have
> been working well if I can fix the console issues we would be bring
> ovirt into production but until we can find a way for the admin team to
> be able to access console oVirt is a no go.

since this patch[1] you can get the connection details (password) to
open a VNC console to a guest from UI.
you can also use API/SDK to set the ticket from cli, then launch it.
the ovirt cli has some builtin command for it, but not sure someone
tried it on windows yet (it is python based)

[1]
authorGilad Chaplik <gchaplik at redhat.com>
"VNC connection details - in case press console to vnc, the app will
open a popup indicates the VNC connection details."

http://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-engine.git;a=commit;h=abd057da7a737a156a471e0b938741a4e54622f5
http://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-engine.git;a=commit;h=c7fc82c51b82f92481188683e2d63f80ba2957d3