[Users] oVirt RPM for RHEL & Co.

Andrew Cathrow acathrow at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 11:54:31 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

You say that you don't need an SLA for software, only for your mailing list questions?

> Production is what I expect from a software that is developed for
> performance load balancing, high-avaliability, failover, etc.
>
> To me it seems natural, as I use to do with all Linux software, we
> use
> in production: Sendmail, Named Bind, 389 Directory Server, Mysql,
> Dovecot and so on. They are all on Scientific Linux or CentOS. Is
> this
> so strange?
>
> But finally, nobody answered my question:
>
>      Do you plan to officially release oVirt for RedHat and
>      derivates?

We do want to package oVirt 3.1 for EL6 however it comes behind fedora in terms of priority but it's something we certainly want to make happen.
There's extra work to do in addition to compiling and packaging oVirt, for example we need JBoss AS7 packaged in RPMs for EL6.

If this is important to you then the best way of making it happen quicker is to contribute, it was great to see dreyou filling this gap, that's the way open source projects work.