[Users] oVirt RPM for RHEL & Co.

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Thu Jun 7 16:30:54 UTC 2012

On Thu, 7 Jun 2012, Dael Maselli wrote:

> I don't need SLA or support. I don't need RedHat.

Interesting, you say that, yet from your email your almost demanding they
provide oVirt in a form that works best for you.

> Production is what I expect from a software that is developed for performance
> load balancing, high-avaliability, failover, etc.
>
> To me it seems natural, as I use to do with all Linux software, we use in
> production: Sendmail, Named Bind, 389 Directory Server, Mysql, Dovecot and so
> on. They are all on Scientific Linux or CentOS. Is this so strange?
>
> But finally, nobody answered my question:
>
>    Do you plan to officially release oVirt for RedHat and derivates?

I don't work for RedHat, but I would guess this would follow their normal
work flow of Fedora first and then RHEL second as a commercial solution.

><>
Nathan Stratton
nathan at robotics.net
http://www.robotics.net