[Users] Anyone started working on the documentation for GlusterFS and Ovirt 3.1 yet?

Haim Ateya hateya at redhat.com
Sat Jun 9 15:33:48 UTC 2012

adding Shireesh\Daniel

Hi Robert,

afaik, there is no official documentation that show's how to work
with glusterFS using oVirt since its too new and we are in early integration phases (shireesh, correct me if i'm wrong).
I would start by browsing to http://www.gluster.org/ and read about the underlying technology (glusterFS, admin guide is good place to start).
as for tips and hints, I will describe what you need in general (very high-level):

- cluster and data-center - edit cluster and set the gluster check box
- host side (vds):
  * install vdsm-gluster package
  * install all gluster-related packages
  * make sure all gluster related services are fully operational
- create new volume (volume is a collection of bricks which represent a collection of export domains):
  * allocate storage space on your host
  * make sure this space is exposed via export (NFS) directory
  * create new volume\bricks

Thanks,

Haim