[Users] What are you looking for from oVirt?

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 14:28:00 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

That is a grand subject for my first "proper" email to the Users list,
and it definitely needs some context! So let me introduce myself.

My name is Dave Neary, and I recently started working for a group which
is being formed inside Red Hat called OSAS (open source and standards).
The role of my group is to help make any open source projects that Red
Hat works in successful, and I would really like to help take oVirt to
the next level in terms of adoption and contribution.

One of the things I'm still figuring out is what the natural audience
for oVirt is, and what you all like about oVirt, and would like to see
improved. Based on that, I would like to propose areas we as a community
can concentrate on related to the product, the website, and our
marketing and promotion, but the first step is still to get a better
idea what the target audience for oVirt is, and should be.

So - how are you using oVirt? Why did you choose it over alternatives?
What do you like about it? and what would you like to see change,
whether that is in terms of technical, process, or marketing changes?
I'm here to help, but to do so I need your help first!

Please feel free to reply to me on-list (if you'd like to start
discussion) or off-list (if you'd like your feedback to be more
discrete). Any feedback at all will be helpful.

Thank you very much - I look forward to hearing from as many of you as
possible.

Regards,
Dave.

PS. I'm still figuring out proper mailing list etiquette for this
project - I've added board@ and arch@ to CC since I expect our work to
have project-wide consequences, but it's more to keep people informed at
this point. Please let me know off-list if I'm doing something I shouldn't!

--
Dave Neary
Community Action and Impact