[Users] Ovirt does'nt recognize "Quad-core AMD Opteron" as Opteron

Hideo GOTO morpheus.eis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 13:28:43 UTC 2012

Dear friends,

Indeed, your suggestion about NX bit solved our problem.

NX bit option on our Proliant server was disabled for
god-knows-what-reason. Once the NX bit function is enabled, the
processor is now recognized as "Opteron G3", and the 2 HP server nodes
were succesfully integrated to a existing production cluster today
thanks to all of you.

Just FYI, output of "virsh -r capabilities" were giving "Athlon" as
CPU model, when  NX was disabled.
Most of Proliant servers has BIOS switches for NX bit function:
"No-Execute Page Protection" for AMD models and "Non-Execute Memory
Protection" for Xeon models. HP tells that the these options are
enabled by factory default. So, those who get trapped by this mistake
as me, should be really minority.

Sorry for distubing all of you by such a stupid mistake, and thanks
again to all of you.

Very best regards.

Hideo GOTO