[Users] Logical Netowrk - ovirtmgmt

Simon Grinberg simon at redhat.com
Sun Jun 17 09:17:37 UTC 2012

To do it without DB manipulation just create a new Data Center and edit the ovirtmgmt to any VLAN that you like.

The limitation ATM is that there are no clusters in the DC. I hope this will be changed to allow to do it just by placing all the hosts into maintenance (this requires the hosts to be on the VLAN as well or you'll loose connectivity).

P.S,
If the hosts are already on a VLAN and the engine is on VLAN as well the system will function since there is connectivity between the hosts and the engine. The fact that ovirtmgmt is defined in the engine without VLAN will only effect when you try to modify anything that requeires modification to ovirtmgmt on the host. In this case the engine will try override the host setting thus leading to the removal of the VLAN