[Users] Host setup for 3.1 beta

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Mon Jun 18 21:58:07 UTC 2012

On 06/18/2012 10:27 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 10:24:51PM +0200, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
>> Hi,
>> is there a working way to add a host with the current beta code? I tried
>> the latest node iso and also a plain Fedora 17 with the latest vdsm
>> packages but in both cases the registration seems to succeed but the
>> installation seems to fail.
>
> Could you provide more information about the failure? is this the issue
> reported by Trey Dockendorf in
> http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2012-June/002466.html

Actually after seeing the "/tmp/vds_bootstrap.64713.log" bit in that mail I
was able to find out what the problem was and fix it. Logs should really go
into /var/log that where I was trying to find information on what was going on.

The installation seems to succeed now and the Host is displayed as "Up". I
got stuck almost 5 minutes in the state "Reboot" though even though the
node was up in a few seconds after the reboot. What exactly is causing this
long delay? Is the engine trying to contact vdsm or is the engine waiting
for vdsm to connect to the engine?

Regards,
  Dennis