[Users] Guest life-cycle

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Wed Jun 20 12:40:29 UTC 2012

Hi,
after being able to start my first guest I noticed two things:
1) When I started the guest with the "run once" option the console button
didn't become available. Navigating to another section of the GUI and back
didn't help. I was only able to make is available by closing the browser
tab and then going to the admin portal again from scratch.

2) When my guest froze (due to nested virtualization experimentation that
apparently doesn't work yet) I had no (obvious) way to kill the vm. Hitting
the stop button apparently only sends a shutdown command but I couldn't
find any way to issue a destroy command.
After killing the qemu process on the host manually the guest in the portal
gui apparently went into an unknown "?" state which isn't surprising but
now there seems to be no way to get rid of the vm.

What is proper way to get rid of such a misbehaving guest?

Regards,
  Dennis