[Users] On oVirt 3.1, Fedora 16 and 17 hang at boot

Jason Brooks jbrooks at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 16:38:01 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm testing oVirt 3.1 with a few different VM types, and I'm
experiencing boot issues with Fedora 16 and 17, 64bit. F17 hangs while
booting from the F17 install DVD. F16 installs normally (minimal
install), but hangs during the initial boot after installation. The F16
VM will boot to rescue mode, however.

The VM appears to get through the full boot process, but then the CPU
usage goes to 99 or 100% and the VM won't respond. I've tried with spice
and vnc consoles, with and without USB enabled. I've let it sit for
quite a while, and the VM CPU usage stays pegged, and the VMs remain
unresponsive.

CentOS 6.2 and Ubuntu 12.04 VMs, both 64bit, work normally on my oVirt
3.1 setup. Any idea what might be causing the issue, or how I might go
about debugging it?

Thanks, Jason