[Users] oVirt 3.1 and Glusterfs using NFS shares.

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Sun Jun 24 01:08:52 UTC 2012

On 06/24/2012 03:50 AM, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
> It took me a while with lots of trail and error but I am pretty close to
> getting everything working but my latest error seems to be permission
> related. Very much like the error one gets with regular nfs and the
> share not owned by the correct uid/gid. But there doesn't seem to be a
> way to fix it. According to this doc
> http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Translators/features/filter
> on the Gluster site you can set those but I don't see a way to set that
> inside the interface and the files I would need to change get over
> written but vdsm. Am I missing something really obvious? Has anyone
> actually been able to get ovirt and glusterfs running together. I feel
> like I am so close just missing one little piece of the puzzle.

which files are getting written over by vdsm / when?
the effort so far was on allowing to provision the gluster volumes.
assumption was posix fs domains should allow to consume them until
native gluster support in qemu will arrive later.
sounds like there is at least one more hurdle around the permissions.

Vijay/Shireesh/Bala - any thoughts on how to set the ownership and
permissions so vdsm can use the volume as a storage domain?

Thanks,
    Itamar