[Users] oVirt 3.1 and Glusterfs using NFS shares.

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Sun Jun 24 15:42:04 UTC 2012

On 06/23/2012 10:29 PM, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
> On 06/23/2012 09:08 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
>> On 06/24/2012 03:50 AM, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
>>> It took me a while with lots of trail and error but I am pretty
>>> close to
>>> getting everything working but my latest error seems to be permission
>>> related. Very much like the error one gets with regular nfs and the
>>> share not owned by the correct uid/gid. But there doesn't seem to be a
>>> way to fix it. According to this doc
>>> http://www.gluster.org/community/documentation/index.php/Translators/features/filter
>>>
>>> on the Gluster site you can set those but I don't see a way to set that
>>> inside the interface and the files I would need to change get over
>>> written but vdsm. Am I missing something really obvious? Has anyone
>>> actually been able to get ovirt and glusterfs running together. I feel
>>> like I am so close just missing one little piece of the puzzle.
>>
>> which files are getting written over by vdsm / when?
> /var/lib/glusterd/nfs/nfs-server.vol
>
> If you make any change insides the volume tab.
>
>> the effort so far was on allowing to provision the gluster volumes.
>> assumption was posix fs domains should allow to consume them until
>> native gluster support in qemu will arrive later.
>> sounds like there is at least one more hurdle around the permissions.
> I have tired using it as both glusterfs and nfs and in both cases I am
> seeing the same thing.  Once you install Gluster 3.3 and fix iptables
> join the boxes together volumes creation pretty much works but when I
> attempt to mount them they mount as user root and user kvm has no
> access to the share.
After getting some sleep.  I mounted the volume outside of oVirt.  Then
chown it to user 36.36.  Then umounted.  After doing that I was able to
mount the nfs share inside oVirt.   I was then able to bring the Data
Storage and the Data Center on-line.  I am uploading ISO right now to
test creating VM's