[Users] Getting a stream of errors inside engine.log

Yair Zaslavsky yzaslavs at redhat.com
Sun Jun 24 16:35:07 UTC 2012

On 06/24/2012 07:26 PM, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
> On 06/24/2012 12:11 PM, Yair Zaslavsky wrote:

>>> I am fine with investigating why but these error's are so generic I have
>>> no idea what files to check?  Despite tiring a few times I really don't
>>> get Java.
>> Robert - we can go to two approaches here with logging both require you
>> to define a log4j category for EncryptionUtils
>>
>> First approach - as I suggested, move to FATAL - you will not see these
>> errors.
>> Second approach - move to DEBUG. I looked at the code, and saw that if
>> you define a category for EncryptionUtils  with DEBUG level you will
>> also get a print of stacktrace, this may assist in understanding the
>> problem you're facing.
> Yair,
>
> I checked standalone.xml file and there is no section related to
> EncyptionUtils nor was there a definition for engine.log I am guessing
> that these are defined in a diff config file.

You should modify this file and add a category for EncryptionUtils -
look at how the category -

<logger category="org.ovirt">
                <level name="INFO"/>
                <handlers>
                    <handler name="ENGINE_LOG"/>
                </handlers>
            </logger>

Is defined.

What you should do is add

<logger category="org.ovirt.engine.core.engineencryptutils">
  <level name="FATAL"/>
    <handlers>
                    <handler name="ENGINE_LOG"/>
                </handlers>
            </logger>

Near the logger category for "org.ovirt" (I mean, as a sibling to that
element).
Pay attention that here i defined it for FATAL - you may wish to try it
with DEBUG to see the stacktrace.

Yair