[Users] oVirt 3.1 -- GlusterFS 3.3

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Tue Jun 26 01:26:58 UTC 2012

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012, Robert Middleswarth wrote:

> Make sure vdsm-gluster is installed on all nodes?  It wasn't installed on
> nodes that were added before I added a check box to support gluster on the
> cluster.

Yes, it was out of 8 boxes I was looking at the vdsm logs on box 1 and
ovirt-engine tried to start gluster on a different box so I did not see
the vdsm log. Once I did, it was clear that gluster we not happy about the
directory being used for gluster in the past. To fix that I just ran the
following on all 8 of my hosts:

cd /export/ ;for i in `attr -lq .`; do   setfattr -x trusted.$i .; done

I now have a happy gluster volume called share. Now I am lost as to how to
use that volume. Do I have to change the Default NFS storage type? How do
I get this bad boy mounted?

><>
Nathan Stratton
nathan at robotics.net