[Users] How can I create a snapshot for virtual disks only?

Shu Ming shuming at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jun 28 00:57:26 UTC 2012

On 2012-6-27 23:30, Michal Skrivanek wrote:
> That would make sense only when you are powered off, wouldn't it?
> Otherwise what's the point of disk snapshot with open transactions, buffers in mem, etc, without saving the state of the VM too?

I understand syncing virtual disk state with the OS cache is a quite
challenge to a snapshot tool developers.  However, it is a handy feature
for the users just want to back up their data in the disks without
stopping VM.  As  other virtualization solution support this feature,
we should narrow the gap to attract more users to oVirt.