[Users] gluster via posix fs (was What are you looking for from oVirt?)

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Jun 29 20:57:56 UTC 2012

On 06/29/2012 11:45 PM, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
> On 06/29/2012 03:15 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
>> On 06/29/2012 06:15 PM, Nathan Stratton wrote:
>>> I must admit the first part of managing GlusterFS with 3.3 works very
>>> well out of the box on oVirt 3.1.
>>>
>>> Turn on GlusterFS in the cluster
>>> Add your nodes
>>> Manually add the peers in Gluster
>>> Edit /etc/nfsmount.conf and set Defaultproto=tcp and Defaultvers=3
>>> Create your gluster volume
>>> Start the volume
>>> Mount it in on one of your nodes in say /mnt
>>> chown 36.36 /mnt
>>>
>>> The only problem now is that you have to now use the volume as a NFS
>>> server.
>>
>> why not as posixfs?
> Because I helped him get it working and I was never able to get posixfs
> working but was able to get nfs working.

i have these steps courtesy of haim ateya worth trying:
    * add new volume constructed from one brick
      - volume name = myVol
      - brick dir = /opt/myBrick
    * start volume
  - ssh to node
    * chown -R vdsm:kvm /opt/myBrick
  - using ovirt do the following):
    * create new DC (Posix compliant FS)
    * create new cluster
    * add new host (virt)
    * new domain dialog
      - path = node:/myVol
      - VFS Type = glusterfs
      - Mount Options = vers=3
    * if start vm failedt to selinux - disable SELINUX on host

you would need the newer kernel with direct_io iirc