[Users] gluster via posix fs (was What are you looking for from oVirt?)

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Fri Jun 29 21:09:25 UTC 2012

On 06/29/2012 04:57 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 06/29/2012 11:45 PM, Robert Middleswarth wrote:

>>> why not as posixfs?
>> Because I helped him get it working and I was never able to get posixfs
>> working but was able to get nfs working.
>
> i have these steps courtesy of haim ateya worth trying:
>    * add new volume constructed from one brick
>      - volume name = myVol
>      - brick dir = /opt/myBrick
>    * start volume
>  - ssh to node
>    * chown -R vdsm:kvm /opt/myBrick
>  - using ovirt do the following):
>    * create new DC (Posix compliant FS)
>    * create new cluster
>    * add new host (virt)
>    * new domain dialog
>      - path = node:/myVol
>      - VFS Type = glusterfs
>      - Mount Options = vers=3
>    * if start vm failedt to selinux - disable SELINUX on host
>
> you would need the newer kernel with direct_io iirc
The mount options is useful to know.  I have moved over to centos 6.2
since F17 was freezing up on me every 10 to 12 hours.

I am guessing I will need to wait for CentOS 6.3 to get direct IO
support and hopefully live snapshots as well.  I might test glusterfs as
well.  PS I use localhost:/volumename for NFS.

Thanks
Robert