[Users] SPM host in unknown status

Haim Ateya hateya at redhat.com
Sun May 27 16:08:07 UTC 2012

Hi, first question that comes to mind is why host is in non-responsive state?
Please check the following:
1. vdsmd service is running on host side
2. No firewall is blocking comm. in and out
3. No network issue between host and manager

Now, for your question, you can use the  manual fence option (confirm host has been rebooted), which will free spm role for faulty host, and engine will elect new spm.

Haim