[Users] Question about: Host swap percentage is above the defined threshold.

Daniel Rowe daniel.fathom13 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 21:17:07 EST 2012

Hi

I currently have a one node ovirt setup I am migrating VMs to.

I have reached a point where trying to start new VMs I get:

Error while executing action: Cannot run VM. Host swap percentage is
above the defined threshold.
- Check your configuration parameters for Host Swap Percentage.

Adjusting the BlockMigrationOnSwapUsagePercentage setting seems to do nothing.

The node does have lots of free RAM and is current sitting at 68%.

The node is a full fedora 17 minimal install and does have a large
swap partition on fast 15k SAS disks and 48gig of RAM.

So why is changing the BlockMigrationOnSwapUsagePercentage not doing
anything and how do it get more VMs running?

I need to over commit a bit but will be adding a new identical node to
spread the load once I get all the VMs off the machine I am migrating
from.

I also notice the "Shared Memory" value is 0% why is this so? Do I
need to set something to get same page sharing?

Thanks for any advice.

Regards
Daniel