[Users] R: R: can't add domain with rhevm-manage-domains

Scotto Alberto al.scotto at reply.it
Tue Sep 4 09:29:36 UTC 2012

Da: Roy Golan [rgolan at redhat.com]
Inviato: martedì 4 settembre 2012 11.03
A: Scotto Alberto
Cc: users at ovirt.org; Oved Ourfalli
Oggetto: Re: R: [Users] can't add domain with rhevm-manage-domains

for security reasons, canonicalizing of the host name was dropped in openjdk7 (in ldap implementation). if you can move forward to openjdk 7 than reverse PTR will not bother you anymore.

Ok, thank you for the explanation.
I've just installed java-1.7.0-openjdk with yum, and, now it works, although "java -version" still gives me

[root at pittor06vhxd010 ~]# java -version
java version "1.6.0_33"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.8-b03, mixed mode)

Alberto Scotto

Blue Reply
Via Cardinal Massaia, 83
10147 - Torino - ITALY
phone: +39 011 29100
al.scotto at reply.it
www.reply.it

--
The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.