[Users] Problem with creating a glusterfs volume

Jason Brooks jbrooks at redhat.com
Wed Sep 5 20:40:09 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Is this an NFS domain?

Is your volume named "data" -- the path should match the gluster volume name, not the path on the filesystem (unless they're the same). If your volume is "maingfs1" then the nfs path should be hostname:/maingfs1.

Also, I've found that I've had to chown 36.36 -R /data after creating the volumes, because the subdirs that get created when you create a volume start out as root-owned by default.

Jason