[Users] [node-devel] Help required to configure shared storage on RHEL+KVM

Sanglikar, Amol (Serviceguard) amols at hp.com
Thu Sep 6 06:47:07 UTC 2012

Hi All,

Thanks for all your responses.

1/ we are using FC setup and not iSCSI. SO using SCSI is not an option for us right now.
2/ Yes you are correct NPIV will give us VHBA , but is it supported on guests as of now , both in case of RHEL6.2+ KVM and RHEV 3.0 ?
  If they have VHBA support then pass through helps me reach the LUNs and have SCSI PR working.

3/ Also does RHEV 3.0 support direct LUN access ?

 What I got to read from redhat docs is as follows.

latest "BETA" release of RHEV 3.1 seems to be only having direct LUN access.

http://www.redhat.com/about/news/archive/2012/8/red-hat-delivers-first-beta-for-red-hate-enterprise-virtualization-3-1

New virtual machine storage features including hotplug support and direct LUN access

SO I guess only option I have os to wait for RHEV 3.1 ?

Again Thanks a lot for answering my queries.

Thanks & Regards,
-Amol