[Users] Cannot add another host to "all-in-one" datacenter

Mike Burns mburns at redhat.com
Thu Sep 6 17:31:21 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-09-06 at 19:21 +0200, Adam Tkáč wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I installed an oVirt datacenter via "all-in-one" plugin, which means
> everything currently runs on one machine. I would like to add another
> host to this datacenter, it has it's own storage for virtual machine
> images, but oVirt refuses to add it with error "Cannot add more than
> one Host to "Local Storage" Data Center". Is it possible to configure
> this somewhere and add the host to the local_datacenter?

Currently, in 3.1 (and will be the case in 3.2, iinm), you can only have
a single host in a local datacenter.  In ~4.0, there is a feature coming
in called SDM that may allow us to relax this constraint.  In order to
have 2 machines, each using local disk for vm images, you would need to
have 2 datacenters, each with 1 host.

Mike