[Users] ovirt vs openstack

Jason Brooks jbrooks at redhat.com
Fri Sep 7 18:46:44 UTC 2012

On 09/07/2012 08:59 AM, Neo Vlanik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Forgive me if this is a dump question.
> What is the difference between ovirt and openstack projects?

I think of it like this: OpenStack is / aims to be an open source Amazon
Web Services (EC2, S3, etc.), oVirt is / aims to be an open source vSphere.

The former tends toward more automation, the latter toward more
flexibility. There's a good deal of overlap though.

That's my take, I'm interested to hear others' viewpoints.

Also, I've seen Kyle Mestery blog on the topic:
http://www.siliconloons.com/?p=179.

Jason

Are both of

@jasonbrooks