[Users] VNC console connection information dialog doesn't show host's FQDN

Adam Tkáč vonsch at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 13:25:02 UTC 2012

Hello all,

oVirt web interface doesn't write host's hostname in VNC connection
info dialog. It writes only IP address. Is it possible to configure
this somewhere? I remember the dialog wrote FQDN but it doesn't write
it now, not sure how it got broken. Currently the connection dialog
looks like this:

----
Please use your VNC client to connect to this VM.

Use the following parameters:
IP:Port: 192.168.30.140:5902
Password: WxGYrAg7wjXF
(note: this password is valid for 120 seconds)
----

However I would like to configure it to write this:

----
Please use your VNC client to connect to this VM.

Use the following parameters:
IP:Port: host.example.com:5902
Password: WxGYrAg7wjXF
(note: this password is valid for 120 seconds)
----

Is it possible to do it somehow? Thank you in advance.

Regards, Adam