[Users] some problems on ovirt node while testing latest nightly

Jorick Astrego jorick at netbulae.com
Tue Sep 11 14:44:37 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
>> - We have Intel Xenon E5520 Nehalem based cpu's in these local storage
>> nodes.
>>          These are still recognized as the Conroe family. Even though
>>          BZ#737104 was supposed to have been fixed.
>>          (http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/5035/  )
> Not ovirt-node directly, I don't think, but a couple things to check.
> What are the cpu flags on the host (from engine gui)? Is the NX bit
> set correctly?

This is all cpu info I can find in the engine gui

CPU Name:      Intel Conroe Family
CPU Type:        Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5520  @ 2.27GHz

This is /proc/cpuinfo

processor    : 15
vendor_id    : GenuineIntel
cpu family    : 6
model        : 26
model name    : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5520  @ 2.27GHz
stepping    : 5
microcode    : 0xf
cpu MHz        : 1600.000
cache size    : 8192 KB
physical id    : 1
siblings    : 8
core id        : 3
cpu cores    : 4
apicid        : 23
initial apicid    : 23
fpu        : yes
fpu_exception    : yes
cpuid level    : 11
wp        : yes
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall
nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology
nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16
xtpr pdcm dca sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt lahf_lm ida dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi
flexpriority ept vpid
bogomips    : 4532.68
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment    : 64
address sizes    : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

> - Most of our nodes use iSCSI but some will need local storage. When
> trying to setup local storage I get this error:
>

> When I check in the directory there is a directory with a UUID
> containing the folder dom_md and images.
>
> I tried clearing the directory and adding storage domain but I get
> permission errors:
>
> run: "su - vdsm -s /bin/sh"

And then delete the directory with the UUID? How does it get there in
the first place? This will make auto deployment a bit more difficult.

--
Kind Regards,

Jorick Astrego
Netbulae B.V.