[Users] SPM not selected after host failed

"Marc-Christian Schröer | ingenit GmbH & Co. KG" mcsp at ingenit.com
Thu Sep 20 14:01:47 UTC 2012

Am 20.09.2012 15:34, schrieb Itamar Heim:

Hello Itamar,

thank you for your answer.

> is power management configured on both hosts?
> since the non responsive node happened to be the SPM, it must be fenced.
> engine should to this automatically (and this is what you did manually by 'confirm host has been rebooted'.
> but engine can only do this automatically if power management is configured on both hosts.

Power management is configured for both nodes. But this might be the
problem: we use the integrated IPMI over LAN power management - and
if I pull the plug on the machine the power management becomes un-
available, too.

Could this be the problem?

Kind regards,
  Marc

 Dipl.-Inform. Marc-Christian Schröer              schroeer at ingenit.com
 Geschäftsführer / CEO
 ingenit GmbH & Co. KG                       Tel. +49 (0)231 58 698-120
 Emil-Figge-Strasse 76-80                    Fax. +49 (0)231 58 698-121
 D-44227 Dortmund                                       www.ingenit.com

 Registergericht: Amtsgericht Dortmund, HRA 13 914
 Gesellschafter : Thomas Klute, Marc-Christian Schröer