[Users] SPM not selected after host failed

Patrick Hurrelmann patrick.hurrelmann at lobster.de
Thu Sep 20 14:09:32 UTC 2012

On 20.09.2012 16:01, Itamar Heim wrote:
>> Power management is configured for both nodes. But this might be the
>> problem: we use the integrated IPMI over LAN power management - and
>> if I pull the plug on the machine the power management becomes un-
>> available, too.
>>
>> Could this be the problem?
>
> yes... no auto recovery if can't verify node was fenced.
> for your tests, maybe power off the machine for your tests as opposed to
> "no power"?

Ugh, this is ugly. I'm evaluating oVirt currently myself and have
already suffered from a dead PSU that took down IPMI as well. I really
don't want to imagine what happens if the host with SPM goes down due to
a power failure :/ Is there really no other way? I guess multiple fence
devices are not possible right now. E.g. first try to fence via IPMI and
if that fails pull the plug via APC MasterSwitch. Any thoughts?

Regards
Patrick

--
Lobster LOGsuite GmbH, Münchner Straße 15a, D-82319 Starnberg

HRB 178831, Amtsgericht München
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Martin Fischer, Rolf Henrich