[Users] Can oVirt be installed in a virtual machine?

Nicolas Chenier dascope at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 17:09:43 UTC 2012

Hi Alan,

I have oVirt running in a VM off my Desktop (Fedora 17 w/ KVM &
Virt-Manager) off my iSCSI NAS.

I've attached Server #1 as my first host (it's running ovirt-node).

In the process of setting up my storage domains. I have a few questions to
the experts out there:

1) How do I add my CD .ISOs to setup new VMs? Create iSCSI storage domain?
But then how do I copy my ISOs to it?

2) Can I run my oVirt VM from ovirt-node machine, without running it in
oVirt (ie. setup iSCSI in virt-manager (as it is now) and run oVirt from
virt-manager... then I can manage my hosts through that ovirt VM?

Not sure if I'm making myself clear... but I'm making progress. I think as
long as you are not managing your oVirt vm through oVirt itself, the
solution should work fine! Just trying to see if I can get that done on an
ovirt-node machine...

Thank you,

Nic