[Users] Installation problem

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 16:31:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 09/24/2012 05:43 PM, Dave Neary wrote:
<snip>
> Failed to install Host clare. Step: REQ PACKAGES; Details: Loaded
> plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit, versionlock No package
> rsync.x86_64 available. Error: Nothing to do (rsync.x86_64).
>
> My yum repository is all 32 bit - I have installed rsync.i686 with no
> problems.
>
> Is oVirt confused about whether the host is 32 bit or 64 bit? How could
> that happen?

I should have read
http://wiki.ovirt.org/wiki/Quick_Start_Guide#Prerequisites more closely:

"For each Host (oVirt Node or Fedora Host)
<snip>
     The breakdown of the server requirements are as below:
         For each host: AMD-V or Intel VT enabled, AMD64 or Intel 64
extensions, minimum 1 GB RAM, 3 GB free storage and 1 Gbps network
interface."

So you can't run an oVirt node without a 64 bit processor and virt
extensions. I should have read the instructions more closely.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary