[Users] Forcible edit of VLAN in ovirtmgmt logical network

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Wed Aug 14 09:34:07 UTC 2013

ons 2013-08-14 klockan 12:12 +0300 skrev Lior Vernia:

Hi Karli,

Running the following query in the DB should do the trick:

UPDATE network SET vlan_id=XXX WHERE name='ovirtmgmt';

Where XXX is your desired VLAN ID. If you have several DCs then you'd
want to modify the WHERE clause to also include the correct
storage_pool_id (you could find it in the storage_pool table).

You also might want to open a bug at bugzilla.redhat.com for the product
oVirt on the upgrade script not respecting existing management network
configuration, although I'm not sure that could be easily solved.

Yours, Lior.

That was exactly what I was looking for:) Thank so much, that did the trick!

/Karli

On 14/08/13 11:23, Karli Sjöberg wrote:
> Hi!
>
> How can I force in a VLAN tag in the ovirtmgmt network? A quick database
> change perhaps?
>
> Thing is, I had put a VLAN in the ovirtmgmt network definition when I
> set the environment up in oVirt-3.1. But now that it´s upgraded to 3.2,
> somewhere along the line, engine seems to have forgotten that and VLAN
> in ovirtmgmt is now just marked as "-"(None)... But all of the Hosts are
> already configured correctly with VLAN on their ovirtmgmt bridges, so
> every time you put a Host in maintenance and activate it again, engine
> whines that ovirtmgmt isn´t synchronized correctly, even though they
> are; considering it´s engine that´s gotten the wrong impression. I tried
> to edit the ovirtmgmt network nicely through webadmin but it won´t let
> me since there where VM's using it, so I removed them. Still wouldn´t
> let me edit since there where Templates using it, so I removed them as
> well. And it still won´t let me edit because there are Hosts using it-
> but for Pete´s sake, come on! And to remove those networks I would need
> to shut down the entire system as it seems, and that is just impossible.
>
> So is there a more prompt way of convincing engine that there is a VLAN
> in the logical network definition for ovirtmgmt?
>
> --
>
> Med Vänliga Hälsningar
> Karli Sjöberg
> Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
> Box 7079 (Visiting Address Kronåsvägen 8)
> S-750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
> Phone:  +46-(0)18-67 15 66
> karli.sjoberg at slu.se<mailto:karli.sjoberg at slu.se> <mailto:karli.sjoberg at adm.slu.se>

Med Vänliga Hälsningar