[Users] CentOS upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3

Karli Sjöberg Karli.Sjoberg at slu.se
Mon Dec 2 09:32:14 EST 2013

Hi all!

Just wanted to express my deepest admiration for the progress of this
project. You may or may not remember my quest for upgrading from 3.1 to
3.2 and just how difficult a seemingly trivial thing can turn out to be
quite the ordeal...

This time around, we followed this post by dreyou on how to go from his
3.2-repo to the ovirt.org stable repo 3.3:
http://wiki.dreyou.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=ovirt_rpm_start33

And the whole process _just worked_! Something that actually made me
even more nervous, left me feeling like "OK, so this is going just too
well, I´ve got a bad feeling about this...":) But no, nothing ever blew
us out the sky and the entire process of upgrading the engine and six
hosts went through in just under the hour from start to finish! Best
part is of course that our customers VM´s never even noticed; a
completely live upgrade. Awesome!

I mean, I worked my ass off trying to go from 3.1 to 3.2, I´ve actually
put a mental block on the actual time it took, but probably six months
of planning and trial and error, to have this done in under an hour...
All I can say is THANK YOU! Both to you developers of oVirt and a
special thank you to dreyou for posting such a well-written manual.
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you:)

--

Med Vänliga Hälsningar
Karli Sjöberg