[Users] Master storage domain version mismatch

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Tue Dec 10 06:41:45 UTC 2013

Hello,

We are on ovirt 3.3.1 and I just filed BZ 1039835 because our master
storage domain could not be activated any longer after some NFS failure
tests (pulling cables, modifying /etc/exports, ...).

This bug seems to happen from time to time. Several BZ and mailing list
entries suggest that the logic to track the domain version in critical
situations is not yet perfect.

I was able to clean the situation with a SQL modification in the database
"update storage_pool set master_domain_version=...;"

As it may be interesting for others could someone clarify if there might
be an issue with atomic operations. Admins may have enough headaches
to get the NFS up and running after some kind of failure. So Ovirt should
not be one of them.

Markus