[Users] Limit migration bandwidth

Doron Fediuck dfediuck at redhat.com
Sun Jul 14 06:02:52 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Hi Joop,
Currently it is possible to hard-limit the migration using
The /usr/share/doc/<vdsm-version>/vdsm.conf.sample file with

# Maximum bandwidth for migration, in mbps, 0 means libvirt's default (30mbps?).
# migration_max_bandwidth = 0

Change 0 to something else (5 does magic IIRC) to see how it works.

In the coming oVirt 3.3 we should be able to handle this by separating
the migration network, and then use-
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Network_QoS

Doron